Friday, October 08, 2004

That Time I Wished I Was Deaf

I journeyed downstairs to get coffee (Mmmmmm.......coffee) this morning. As I was waiting for the elevator to go back up, a woman on her cell phone walked into the lobby. We both got on the elevator and her conversation turned to "watermelon dust." She proceeded to tell her cell phone friend how great it is, that she hadn't used it before and was skeptical, but it's a great product, works really well, surprised by the results, blah blah blah. During the conversation I'm thinking she's talking about some kind of miraculous garden pesticide until she says, "Yeah, I always feel obligated to buy something at those kinds of parties, but everything's always so expensive. The watermelon stuff was a good buy, though. We love it!" Suddenly, my brain impulses managed to clear the synaptic gap and I realized SHE'S TALKING ABOUT A SEXUAL ENHANCEMENT PRODUCT.

Eewww, lady. Eewww.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I've got to hand it to the cell phone people. I love it that I can manage to eavesdrop on at least 3 conversations every single day.

Do these people think that by being on the phone, they're suddenly in a booth? Is it like closing your eyes and becoming invisible?

One time, I was at Kmart, writing out a check, and the lady behind me in line was on her phone. She was grumbling to someone about how the girl in front of her was "so effing slow, goddamnit, this sucks, why can't she move faster..blah blah blah." I looked up at her in shock, and she smiled sweetly at me. I looked at the cashier, who was staring slack-jawed at the woman, and went back to writing my check. She continued to bitch. It was priceless.