Friday, October 22, 2004

*Light Bulb* I Think I'm Allergic To Coffee

I've been having outbreaks of hives for the past couple of weeks. I decided last night after dinner that I wasn't going to eat anything else for about 24 hours to see if that helped. Really 12 hours should be enough time, but these little bastards are driving me crazy. So during lunchtime today, while I'm not eating, I start Google searching for causes of hives. I found a site that stated that you shouldn't drink alcohol or caffeine while you're trying to get rid of hives. Alcohol and caffeine can aggravate them. And then it dawns on me - I started drinking coffee almost on a daily basis about two weeks ago, when the weather started to get cold. The hives also started about two weeks ago. Hmmmmm.....

After doing a Google search specifically for coffee allergies, I believe I have found the culprit of my annoyingly itchy invaders. A couple of people even had the same kinds of bumps in the same places on their body as I do. I'm swearing off coffee for the next couple of weeks to see if that helps. I'm now going downstairs to get something coffee-free for my grumbling stomach. If it's not the coffee well, I figure I'll consume enough alcohol at our housewarming tomorrow to sterilize my system of any offending agents.

No comments: