Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween!!!


AP Photo, Zoological Society of San Diego, Tammy Spratt

Being that we are on a somewhat busy road, I wasn't sure we'd get any trick-or-treaters, but I put up some Halloween decorations and lights in hopes of attracting at least a few. And it worked! Got one group of three, who hit the jackpot and got three-fourths of my candy bowl divided among them.

Watched Thir13en Ghosts tonight. The concept was interesting: A man, who is collecting and imprisoning ghosts in his basement in order to break some supernatural code and open the gates of hell, dies and leaves his house to his nephew. Sadly, the movie was not as interesting as the concept. The majority of the movie is taken up by the clueless nephew and his family trying to figure out what the hell is going on, with the help of a couple of freaky people that worked for the dead uncle. Oh, and they could only see the ghosts with the help of their special ghost goggles. Hokey. I would rather have seen a movie revolving around the uncle and how he collected each ghost.

In good scary movie news, The Silence of the Lambs special edition DVD has some interesting features, including deleted scenes and outtakes. I need to order it. I've nearly worn out my VHS copy.

No comments: