Friday, October 01, 2004

Best. Line. Ever.


Bush: Well, actually, he forgot Poland.
Well, actually, I cried from laughing so hard. And speaking of hard...

Use of the words "hard" and "hardest":
Kerry: zero
Bush: 23 times
Thesaurus much?
And the majority of those uses were in reference to his job. Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? Oh no, your job is so hard. You're doing the best you can but it's hard being the President. No shit. You get no sympathy from me.

Bush: You know, it‘s hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm‘s way.
What does that even mean? I'm assuming that came out wrong, but I can't begin to figure out where he was trying to go with that.

Use of Kerry's wrong war/wrong time/wrong place phrase:
Kerry: zero
Bush: seven
Thank you, President Bush, for reinforcing Senator Kerry's message. Repetition is key.

Lehrer: New question, two minutes, Senator Kerry.
“Colossal misjudgments.” What colossal misjudgments, in your opinion, has President Bush made in these areas?
Kerry: Well, where do you want me to begin?

After a half second of "Did he really just say that!?!?" hysterical laughter kicked in. Lurch made a funny.

Kerry won it fair and square. Was there really any doubt? The real question is, did Bush lose any ground? Someone stated in the newspaper yesterday that all Bush really needed to do was not accidentally set the podium on fire, and he'd come out okay. Sadly, I think that's a pretty accurate statement.

Vote for Kerry, dammit!

1 comment:

Rotting Dead said...

Stumbled onto your blog and certainly glad that I did,
hilarious post!! I agree with your take on the debate 100% percent.

CJ