Friday, January 07, 2005

Honey Is Not A Spice

My wonderful girlfriend (aka The Boss) stopped by the store last night to get me things that would help me recover from the flu. On my list was honey (for tea). The Boss got home with the groceries and as we were putting them away declared, "Honey is not a spice." I kind of chuckled and she went on to explain how she looked all up and down the spice aisle, and then a couple of other aisles for honey. Finally, she had to ask one of the store clerks where it was. I then asked, "It's on the aisle with the peanut butter and jelly, right?" The Boss said, "Yep." I was then, for a brief second, horrified that I knew exactly where the honey was at the grocery store. If there's a video game for domestication, I've just reached Level 7.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Summer said...

LOL. Level 7, neh? I have no idea what I would be on that scale but my short lived marriage upped it a few levels I am sure. Even one of my younger and then single friends pointed out the difference in me. Life is change, why fight it?