Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thankfulness

I'm thankful for all of the standard things that I should be thankful for: The Boss, The Dog, The Bird, The Family, The Friends.

I'm thankful for my friends at work and their "odd" senses of humor. They make it easier to get through the rough days.

I'm thankful for the zoo, for the dedication of the zoo staff, and I'm especially thankful that I get to volunteer there.

I'm thankful for a great Thanksgiving trip to West Virginia and being able to spend time with The Boss' family.

Scene I: The Boss, The Dog and I are helping Grandma with Thanksgiving dinner
Grandma B: accidentally drops a raw egg on the kitchen floor and says to The Dog
Don't come in here and eat that or you'll get gonorrhea.
The Boss and I: howl with laughter until we're crying
Grandma B: laughing No wait...I mean salmonella.

Scene II: Girl Cousin, age 3-ish and Boy Cousin, age 5-ish are at the window watching The Boss play fetch with The Dog
Boy Cousin: No Doggie! You can't go over there.
Girl Cousin: Don't tell The Dog where she can't go. She's The Dog. She can go where she wants to.
Boy Cousin: No she can't.
Girl Cousin: I'll break your head! immediately followed by a fit of high-pitched laughter

No comments: