Monday, September 20, 2004

TV Worth Watching

CMT has premiered a new reality series called “Barely Famous” that features The Warren Brothers. Hysterical.

I watched the episode where they go to Las Vegas for the Academy of Country Music Awards show, for which they have been nominated for vocal duo of the year. (They lose to Brooks & Dunn of course, because everyone loses to Brooks & Dunn.) The brothers' bass player/tour manager is talking to them and says something to the effect of "You know the awards they give out that never make it to the air? You guys could win one of those. Like Best Song in a Foreign Documentary." The show is worth watching for the one-liners alone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was entirely unaware that you too are a country music fan. I'm so psyched now. Only fellow country listening rednecks could know the JOKE that is the vocal duo of the year category. hehehehehehhe. Dude, I haven't figured out what the Warren Brothers claim to fame is yet though. I mean they've had maybe one or two hits, and one of those was singing backup for Sara Evans. How are these people still famous?

Marsha (no need for anonymity anymore) said...

Heh heh heh. I think you're the only person to have ever called me a country music fan. My blog inaccurately reflects my general taste in music. I blame Heather's new truck and 4-wheeler for the sudden focus. I do like country music, but it's pretty limited. Usually the only modern country I like are the token funny songs. I do really like the old school stuff, though.
As for the Warren Bros, they're touring with your man Tim! I think that's the next episode.

Anonymous said...

God I love Tim McGraw....*whimper*