Thursday, September 09, 2004

It's a Miracle

My cell phone healed itself. Really. It was broken. Now it is working perfectly. On it's own. I don't know whether to be amazed, bewildered or creeped out. I dropped the phone about three weeks ago in the parking lot. I drop things frequently. I'm used to it. It's what I do. After the most recent fall, the phone stopped working properly. I'd have to push the power button several times to get it to turn on and off, or I'd have to flip the phone open and closed repeatedly. It would tun itself off randomly. And then a couple of days after the drop, everytime I turned it on, it would vibrate until I took the battery out. Sometimes the screen would light up, sometimes not. Sometimes the menu would work, sometimes not. Sometimes the person on the other line could her me, sometimes not. You get the picture. The phone was about twelve different kinds of jacked-up. Then suddenly last week, it started working flawlessly and I haven't had a problem with it since. *knock on wood*

Have you ever seen that episode of one of the Star Treks, where they have the little robotic thingies that learn how to repair themselves and then proceed to take over the ship? My cell phone is their spawn.

P.S. - If anyone knows the name of that episode and which series it came from, please let me know. I still haven't found it online.

No comments: