Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Oh The Places You'll Go

I can't believe I forgot to write about the KICKASS little joint we found on Friday night. We took some friends out to look at the house we're moving into in October. (We signed the lease last week and we're just freaking giddy about it.) On the way back we kept an eye out for somewhere to eat as it was 8:30 and we were starving. We spotted a little place on the left with a shabby wooden sign and some string lights and decided it was definitely worth checking out. After several U-turns, we finally made it to the parking lot. The Boss (aka - my other half) was excited because there were motorcycles parked out front. I was wondering if they'd have anything I could eat, but then decided I didn't care. My motto: If the only thing meat-free on the menu is the booze, fine with me. :-)

The Sunset Grille rocks. As soon as we sat down, The Boss and I looked at each other with the "we're sooooo going to become regulars" expression. It's comforting when she and I think alike. The food was good. They had stuff I could eat, though I still managed to throw back a few beers. Totally laid back atmosphere. Our bartender, Winnie, took great care of us. We stayed and listened to a few songs by The Lost Highway Band (who's web site is currently not loading so here's their profile at their production company's site). It reminded me a lot of Georgia. *sigh*

Tonight we will be delving into our redneckedness. Details will be posted tomorrow. I don't want to completely ruin the surprise, but our adventures will involve a 4-wheeler and a brand spankin' new F-150.

No comments: