Monday, June 20, 2005

Blue Screen Of Death Victim #2,748,924,653

A couple weeks ago, our laptop hard drive crashed like a NASCAR pileup, only with a lot less fire and a lot more cursing. I have some advice for you all: BACK UP YOUR HARD DRIVE! Do not pass go. Do not collect $200 (because seriously, that 200 bucks only puts a dent in the hard drive retrieval fee). BACK THAT THANG UP NOW!

The Boss and I both did really well in not having a nervous breakdown when it happened. Thankfully most, if not all, of our files were retrievable. We had our priorities. First, our photos. Second, AOL emails. Third, tax files. Fourth, whatever is left but please make sure you try to get all the photos. I'm sure the computer guy was perplexed, "These people are paying me to recover nine billion pictures of a dog. I think they're all of the same dog."

Our photo collection is a bit biased towards one of our kids. It's not that we love The Bird less. She's just not as photogenic as The Dog. And when The Bird is out and about, I'm either occupied with preventing her from destroying windowsills, pillows and anything with buttons, or I'm playing "Catch the Poo Before It Lands on the Couch or The Boss."

No comments: